Manager Andy Giles Phone: 01643 841582
The benefits of having a shop in our community are numerous and important. The village shop acts as an informal social centre; it’s a place to meet neighbours and to catch up on village news and issues. The Village Shop is often the only social meeting point for some residents, and for many elderly people this can be the only opportunity to meet up with other residents of the village.
It is also a place to advertise jobs, items for sale and wanted, read about local events and to buy tickets. It can be a drop-off and collection point for parcels. It is an important information point for delivery drivers, visitors, health workers and house hunters. It’s also a safe place for children to learn how to shop.
The shop also offers a Post Office service, together with an enormous range of goods and services, such as an off-licence section, fresh bread and pastries, chilled and frozen products, general groceries, newspapers, magazines and stationery, exclusive cakes from Dulverton, fresh sausages and bacon from Kendle Farm, Dulverton. Local produce is also stocked, providing an outlet for local producers. Our Village Shop is a tremendous facility for such a small village!
- Mon-Sat. 8.00 am – 1.00pm
- Sun 9.00am – 11.00am
Post office not open on Fridays.
- MEDICATION: We are the distribution agent for the Dunster Surgery and you can collect your medication from the Village Shop.
- BOOK EXCHANGE: We have several hundred books for purchase at approximately 80p each. There is a refund if you return the book in exchange for another
- HONEY: Local honey available, made in Wootton Courtenay
- LAUNDRY AND DRY CLEANING: We are the agents for Dulverton Laundry. Garments are collected and delivered on a Thursday morning.
- LYNTON CINEMA: Their current programme is advertised on the shop door.
- EXMOOR INFORMATION: We keep a selection of local walks, maps and information provided by the Exmoor Tourist Information. Most of this is free
Wootton Courtenay Villagers’ Stores Ltd.
Registered Company Number 02571795
Current Directors –
Eddie Bishop (Chairman), Peter Clapham (Secretary), Sally Farmer, Margaret Smith, Lesley Roake, George Burnell, Paddy Parnell, John Bell