Wootton Courtenay Village Hall: Internet Access Terms: December 2018
The village hall provides access to the Internet via a Wifi network. Users of the hall are able to use this facility free of charge, subject to the following terms:
- Purposes: You may not use the facilities for
- Unlawful or illegal activity
- Commercial purposes, unless authorised by the Village Hall Committee in writing
- Uploading computer viruses, carrying out hacking, uploading/downloading defamatory, offensive or illegal material.
- Breaching confidentiality or intellectual property rights
- Interrupting the provision of service to other hall internet users
- Technology: The village hall provides no guarantees that your equipment such as a phone, laptop, tablet or other device will work successfully at the hall.
- Privacy: We will not collect any personally identifiable information when providing these facilities. Our router may collect technical information from your device necessary to provide access to the Internet, which may be logged to detect crime or where necessary to block access from a specific device.
- Liability: The village hall is not responsible for the purpose to which you put your devices or the content of any websites you visit. We do not take any responsibility for any malware, viruses, hacking or other unwanted effects on your devices – you must protect yourself from such effects yourself.
- Guarantee: The availability and speed of the service is not guaranteed nor is a continuous connection.
- Access: To activate the Internet and WiFi System the power switch to the right hand side of the stage (master switch with red light on) needs to be switched on. Further detailed instructions are adjacent to the switch.
- Restrictions: We may restrict access to specific websites or other internet services at our sole discretion.
- Our liability: We shall not be liable to you in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty or otherwise arising for:
- loss of income or revenue;
- loss of business;
- loss of profits or contracts;
- loss of anticipated savings;
- loss of opportunity or goodwill;
- loss of, damage to, or corruption, of data; or
- indirect or consequential loss of any kind.
- Indemnity: You agree to indemnify both the Village Hall and its Trustees against all liabilities, claims, losses or damages ( including legal fees and other expenses) that may arise as a result of your connection to the village hall WiFi.
- If any part of these Terms are found to be unlawful or unenforceable, the enforceability of the remaining Terms will not be affected.
- These Terms are governed by English Law.
If you have questions on these terms please make contact using this page.