Tuesday 26th May
As the nation takes its ‘baby steps’ (quote, B. Johnson) towards some form of ‘normality’, it feels the right time to re-open the shop, albeit for a limit period each morning. We all need to follow the Government’s strict guidelines around social distancing and, in addition, a one-way system will operate. The delivery of newspapers and grocery orders will continue for the time being for those not permitted, or not wishing, to venture out at this time.
– Shop re-opens on Tuesday 26th May
– Shop will open Mon-Sun from 8.00am – 10.30am
– Post Office open Mon-Sat (incl)
– Delivery service of newspapers & groceries to continue
– Please note: SHOP CLOSED ON BANK HOLIDAY MONDAY (25th May – no papers)
– Social distancing restrictions will be in place with only TWO people in the shop at any one time. Please observe this request.
– A one-way system will operate, with the main shop door as the entrance and Skye’s bar door as the exit.
– Anti-bacterial hand gel will be on the counter for use before shopping.
– For those ‘shielding’ or remaining in isolation for any reason, the delivery service will continue as normal. Please phone in on 841582 or email firstname.lastname@example.org in the usual way.
– Orders of groceries will continue in the same way, with most deliveries arriving with you at around 11.15am. The earlier closing allows time for the packing of orders.
– Papers will continue to be delivered in the mornings until further notice.
– The credit/invoice system of payment will continue, and is preferable as I would prefer not to handle cash at this time if at all possible.
All Post Office services will continue as usual. Please try to use the post office during the shop opening times of 8.00am – 10.30am. All post office transactions can be paid for by credit/debit card or your shop credit account and, again, this is preferred where possible.
The post box is emptied twice daily, at approximately 11.30am & 4.00pm.
Thank you for your continued support, it will be good to start to see some routines return!