We will be holding a special Christmas event on December 20th showing the comedy film Elf.
- Wear your Elf outfit, Christmas jumper or other Christmas clothing
- Free bar
- Hot mulled wine
- Mince pies and Christmas food
- Slide show of village Christmas e-cards
- Jolly music
Come along and have a laugh with Will Ferrell in Elf:
Buddy the ‘elf’ was a baby in an orphanage who stowed away in Santa’s sack and ended up at the North Pole. Later, as an adult human who happened to be raised by elves, Santa allows him to go to New York City to find his birth father, Walter Hobbs. Hobbs, on Santa’s naughty list for being a heartless baddie, had no idea that Buddy was even born. Buddy, meanwhile, experiences the delights of New York City (and human culture) as only an elf can. When Walter’s relationship with Buddy interferes with his job, he is forced to reevaluate his priorities.
- We would welcome offers of seasonal treats and finger food, such as mince pies, cake, sausage rolls, crisps, snacks and other delicacies
- We would like volunteers to help set up the hall and look after the food
- We need volunteers to heat up and serve mulled wine
We will party from 7pm and show the film around 7:30 or until everyone has eaten and drunk enough. It’s hard not to laugh at this film, come along and get into the seasonal mood.
Pre-Book at The Villagers Stores
We need to know numbers so please pre-pay and book your seats (£5 per person) with Andy at the Villagers Stores – card payment accepted (and for the Nutcracker too).
See you there, Bill.